NYU professor Zhana Vrangalova is New York City’s own ‘Master of Sex’.
Writing for popular media is how I initially got into the non-academic sex education world, and it remains one of my favorite ways to spread scientifically accurate information about sexuality to audiences who don’t have access to and, honestly, have no desire or time to read all the boring, statistics-heavy academic articles. Need a writer for your blog, website, or magazine?Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Writing Request” in the subject line and let me know what your budget is.
Here are some examples of my writing for various media outlets:
- My old Psychology Today blog called Strictly Casual has lots of articles on studies on casual sex and consensual nonmonogamy
- Playboy (April, 2014): Bros, This Is How Your Slut-Shaming Is Backfiring. A Sex Researcher Explains
- Teen Vogue (April 20, 2016): Everything You Need to Know About Consent That You Never Learned in Sex Ed
- Pornhub (January, 2017): What Happens at Play Parties? Notes from a Study
- Alternet (Oct, 2014): 12 Surprising Facts About Non-Monogamy
- Volonte (June, 2016): Six Myths about BDSM Debunked by Science
- Kinkly (May, 2014): 11 Rules for Smart, Safe and Sexy Hookups