So many incredible things have happened in my professional life over the last year and a half: a book deal, teaching, talks (including a TEDx), freelance writing gigs, frequent media consulting, TV show possibilities, and a website (the Casual Sex Project) that gets over 700,000 views a month. I’ve reached a point in my career where I’m trying to juggle too many things at once and I could really use a part-time assistant to help out with managing my own blog/ newsletter/ social media as well as the work related to the Casual Sex Project (CSP).
- edit & format blog posts for Sex Research w/ Dr Zhana
- edit & format my monthly Newsletter
- track my media appearances & update my site
- manage some of DrZhana’s social media (especially Instagram, Pinterest, and possibly Facebook)
- establish ad revenue for CSP
- organize & manage giveaways/contests/merchandise for CSP
- monitor the CSP Forums & respond to CSP-addressed email
- coordinate all CSP-related social media (promotion, ads & merchandise…)
- enter people’s emails from CSP submissions into newsletter
- periodically update press kits for Dr Zhana & CSP
- make minor changes to the two websites
Skills and experience of the ideal candidate. You:
- are familiar with and excited about my work, and believe you can represent my voice faithfully
- are working towards or aspire to be a sex educator / writer / blogger / coach / speaker / media personality yourself
- have excellent writing / editing skills and attention to detail
- have experience with WordPress (.com and .org)
- are well versed in social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- have experience with establishing online revenue and marketing, especially in sex-related topics
- have basic knowledge of html code
I like to think of this as partly a part-time job (about 5-10 hrs/week, depending on the need) and partly a mentorship kind of relationship where you get to learn the ins and outs of this unusual career of freelance sex educator/ writer/ speaker etc. This is why it’s critical that you are in the same general field of work, and that we actually like each other.
Most of the work will be done from your home – or wherever you like to work from – all you need is a computer and internet connection. However, we’ll meet periodically, and so it’d be helpful and convenient if you’re somewhere close to where I live (East Williamsburg, Brooklyn), or you can get here easily.
I can offer you $12.50/hr, plus 10% of any monthly advertising revenue you negotiate.
To apply, send me ([email protected]):
- your CV,
- a note about why you’d be the right person for the job (doesn’t have to be very formal), and
- any relevant samples of your work (esp. writing).